- How has the Internet and Social Media changed us as humans?
- How are we different in real life vs. online?
- Has the Internet and social media been a positive of negative influence on humanity?
Write a persuasive essay, with a clear argument and support. You must use outside evidence, either from in-class articles or research on the internet. All sources must be noted in MLA Format on a Works Cited page after the essay.
- Teen Texting Soars; Will Social Skills Suffer? (NPR)
- Keeping My Personal Life Private, On And Offline (Youth Radio)
- In Your Facebook: Social Sites Are Everywhere (NPR)
- Teens Aren’t Just Texting, They’re ‘Sexting’ (NPR)
- Where There’s ‘Sexting,’ There May Be Sex (NPR)
- Steve Jobs was a Low Tech Parent (NY Times)
- No, kids CAN’T study while they’re texting (Daily Mail)
- LAUSD launches its drive to equip every student with iPads (LA Times)
- Facebook Makes Us Sadder And Less Satisfied, Study Finds (NPR)
- Brown Oks bill allowing minors to delete embarrassing Web posts (LA Times)
- Alter Egos in a Virtual World (NPR)
- Texting away our best manners (Kansas City Star)
- Teens Are Teens (Los Angeles Times)
- Teenagers and Social Networking (Guardian)
- Colleges grapple with cheating in the digital age (Los Angeles Times)
- 5 Crazy Ways Social Media is Changing Your Brain Right Now
- Is Technology Wiring Teens to Have Better Brains?
- Why Multitasking Is Bad
- Is Technology and Multitasking Rewiring Our Brain?
- Social Media Impact On Teens
- No, kids CAN’T study while they’re texting: Research finds teenagers struggle with multitasking
- How social media is affecting teens
- Look Up from your social media addiction and live
- Can we auto-correct humanity?
- Sexting scandal highlights challenges for schools
How has YOUR life been affected by the Internet and Social Media? Join in the discussion below.