The AP English Language Exam is on Friday, May 9. Scores will be posted online in July.
We will be having a Mandatory Study Session on Saturday, April 26th from 8:00am – 12:00pm.
The test itself is three hours and 15 minutes.
- Multiple Choice: 60 minutes for 52-54 multiple choice questions on 4-5 reading passages – Counts as 45% of the final score
- Reading: 15 minutes to read synthesis essay sources and plan essay
- Essay: 120 minutes for three essay questions, includes rhetorical analysis, synthesis and argument – Counts as 55% of the final score
- No points are deducted for wrong answers, so students are encouraged to answer all multiple-choice answers. Use process of elimination to get rid of wrong answer choices.
Released Test Questions:
- Sample Essay (Free Response) Questions
- Sample Multiple Choice Questions (.pdf, pages 14-30)
- Sample Essay Questions (.pdf, pages 31-48)
Helpful Study Resources:
- AP English Language and Composition E-Book (.pdf)
- AP English Language and Composition Survival Guide (.pdf)
- AP Rhetorical Devices (.doc)
- Glossary of Terms
Essay Questions (Free Response Section):
- Argument (40 minutes)
- Synthesis (40 minutes writing + 15 minutes reading)
- Analysis (40 minutes)