- How has the Internet and Social Media changed us as humans?
- How are we different in real life vs. online?
- Has the Internet and social media been a positive of negative influence on humanity?
Write a persuasive essay, with a clear argument and support. You must use outside evidence, either from in-class articles or research on the internet.
- You — Yes, You — Are TIME’s Person of the Year (Time)
- Alter Egos in a Virtual World (NPR)
- “Keeping My Personal Life Private, On And Offline” (Youth Radio)
- “Teen Texting Soars; Will Social Skills Suffer?” (NPR)
- In Your Facebook: Social Sites Are Everywhere (NPR)
- Teens Aren’t Just Texting, They’re ‘Sexting’ (NPR)
- Where There’s ‘Sexting,’ There May Be Sex (NPR)
- Brown Oks bill allowing minors to delete embarrassing Web posts (LA Times)
- “Social Media Impact On Teens”
How has YOUR life been affected by the Internet and Social Media? Join in the discussion below.
Student Assignment instructions:
- Write your full first name and last initial (ex: John Doe = John D.)
- Write at least a three-sentence response to one of the questions above.
- Or, you may respond to one of the other students who has already commented before you, still at least three sentences.
- Keep your comments appropriate and academic. No text-speak (this is still class, just a “virtual classroom”).