Students, below are some resources for Hamlet:
- No Fear Shakespeare (Modern Translation side-by-side with the original text)
- Sparknotes Hamlet
- BrainPop Shakespeare
- Talking To Myself: Hamlet’s Soliloquies (PBS)
- This is Hamlet in the Classroom
- 60-Second Shakespeare
- Cartoon Summary
- Hamlet Video Summary (Sparknotes)
- Other helpful resources
- Hamlet Teacher’s Guide (California Shakespeare Theater)
- Shakespeare Searched (concordance, search for terms)
Due Friday, 9/27:
- Read Act 2 (Prepare for Socratic Seminar on Thursday, 9/26)
- Hamlet Soliloquy Essay: Typed, 1 page max, MLA Format. Choose one soliloquy and analyze the text (Formalist lens), using quotes (not block quotes). Create a strong thesis and support with textual evidence: Hamlet: Act I, scene ii (pg. 14-15) or Polonius: Act I, scene iii (pg. 20-21).
Feel free to discuss questions or the text below.