Students must finish reading the play by Tuesday, 10/8.
Due Tuesday, 10/8, Typed, 2 pages max, MLA Format. Create a strong thesis and support with textual evidence.
Choose one of the following topics.
- The play Hamlet blurs the lines between “play-acting” and “real life.” Is Hamlet truly going “mad,” or is he just playing the part?
- With the ghost and all the spying in the play, what should the audience believe to be true? Discuss the issue of “dramatic irony” in the play.
- Is Hamlet just a traditional story of “revenge?” Or is it something more? Explain.
- How does Shakespeare portray women in the play? Is this a feminist text?
- Or create your own writing prompt. Contact Nittle for approval.