Students must complete an Accelerated Reader Book Review on a book you’ve read independently outside of class. Book reviews must include the following criteria to receive a “4” on the rubric (100 points total).
1. A creative cover page with a hand-drawn picture/illustration of the most important scene in the book (the climax).
2. 5-paragraph book review must answer these questions:
- How many stars (out of five) does this book receive and why?
- Describe the protagonist (positive major character) and the antagonist (negative major character).
- Describe the conflict in the novel. (Internal or External) (Man vs. Man, Man vs. Nature, Man vs. Technology, Man vs. Society, or Man vs. Self)
- Describe one theme and show how the author teaches that message throughout the novel. What details help to show you that theme?
- Would you recommend it to another student? Why/Why not? Who is the audience for this book?
3. Must be typed, according to MLA Typing Guidelines (12 point, Times New Roman, double spaced, black ink).
4. Return signed Book Review sheet with finished book review (10 points).
Click here for complete Winter Break Book Review.