The AP English Litearture Exam is on Thursday, May 8. Scores will be posted online in July.
We will be having a Mandatory Study Session on Saturday, May 3rd from 8:00am – 12:00pm.
The test itself is three hours.
- Multiple Choice: 60 minutes on 4-5 reading passages – Counts as 45% of the final score
- Essay: 120 minutes for three essay questions, includes poetry analysis, prose analysis and “Open Question” – Counts as 55% of the final score
- No points are deducted for wrong answers, so students are encouraged to answer all multiple-choice answers. Use process of elimination to get rid of wrong answer choices.
Released Test Questions:
- Sample Essay (Free Response) Questions
- Sample Multiple Choice Questions (.pdf, pages 54-69)
- Sample Essay Questions (.pdf, pages 70-77)
Helpful Study Resources:
- AP English Language and Composition E-Book (.pdf)
- AP English Glossary of Literary Terms (.pdf)
- AP Lit Terms (.pdf)
Essay Questions (Free Response Section):
- Literary Analysis (Poetry, 40 minutes)
- Literary Analysis (Prose, 40 minutes writing)
- Literary Analysis (“Open Question,” 40 minutes)
Possible Texts for “Open Question”:
- Heart of Darkness
- Slaughterhouse Five
- The Kite Runner
- The Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man
- My Antonia
- Bless Me, Ultima
- The Awakening
- Another appropriate novel/play that you’ve read and are familiar with