Writing Prompts: Choose one of the following:
1.Aside from very rare exceptions, there is no opposition to the leaders in this society. Why is this? What ideas must the people in this society have accepted to live a life of obedience, drudgery and fear?
2.Prometheus writes: “The secrets of this earth are not for all men to see, but only for those who will seek them.” (Chapter 3) Why does he think that the secrets of this earth are not for all men to see? If he thinks this, why does he decide to show his glass box to the World Council of Scholars? How do these issues relate to the theme of the novel?
3.What does Equality’s society regard as sinful or transgressive, and what does it regard as holy or sacred? How does Equality’s view of what is sinful and sacred come to change by the end of the story? How do you think his ultimate view of what is sacred differs from our own society’s view of the sacred?
- Between 600-1200 words
- Well-organized multiple-paragraph essay.
- A clear thesis statement (main argument).
- Textual evidence with analysis (quotes must be cited with page numbers in MLA Format).
- Checked for spelling/grammar/mechanics.
- Typed in MLA Format (Times New Roman, 12 point, Double Spaced) in Google Classroom (classroom.google.com).
- X states, “_______.”
- According to X, “_______.”
- In X’s view, “_______.”
- In other words, X believes ____.
- In making this comment, X shows us that _____.
- X’s point is that _____.