- Horatio Alger National Scholarships: Receive up to $21,000 for College. Deadline October 25
- Activ8 Scholarship:Open to undocumented students. Deadline October 28
- Neuroscience Research Prize: Open to students 9th-12th. 4 winners $1000 each. Deadline October 30
- 2013 Unity Ride Bicycle Scholarship: The scholarship will include a bicycle and other bicycle tools. Open to anyone under the age of 25. Deadline October 30
- Coca-Cola Scholars Program Scholarship: Receive from $10,000-$20,000 Deadline October 31
- Christopher Reeve Award: $1,000 open to Middle School-High School students. Deadline October 31
- The Foot Locker Scholar Athletes: 20 winners $20,000 each. Open October 2-December 9
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation College Scholarship Program:Up to $30,000 (Open to Undocumented Students). Deadline November 5th
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund: Variety of scholarships available. Deadline in December
- Asian and Pacific Islanders American Scholarship Fund: Variety of scholarships available. Deadline is January 10, 2014
- Golden Doors Scholarship: Funding to cover tuition, room, and board for a four-year degree! Deadline November 1
- Comcast Leaders and Achievers: One-time $1000 scholarships available.
- Prudential Spirit of Community Awards: Money available for students who volunteer in their communities. Deadline in November 5
Seniors: It’s time to start the college application process!
- Application window: November 1-November 30
- Apply at UC Admissions
- Requires essays prompts. Click here for more information.
Cal State Universities:
- Application window: October 1-November 30
- Apply at CSUMentor.edu
- Private school deadlines vary. Check the individual school admissions websites for more details.
- Many private schools use the Common Application. Check it out.
- Apply in the Spring for the following Fall Admissions
- More information here.
- UC Personal Statement writing
- College Applications (UC, CSU, Community College, Private)
- SAT/ACT Preparation
- College and Career counseling/support
Join them in the College Center (Room 117) every Tuesday and Thursday after school from 3:22-5:00pm. Bring your homework and your college questions. Questions? Contact Mr. Gurrola.
August/September College Tips:
- Write drafts of Personal Statements
- Sign up for SAT/ACT exams
- Prepare for SAT/ACT
- Research private college deadlines
- Search for scholarships
- Go to Belmont if you need adult school classes!
Important Date: 9/6: SAT Registration Deadline (for 10/6 Exam). Bring $20 for fee waiver.
Download the powerpoint: College Updates 8-13
Special thanks to Dianne Hurtado with YPI!