“Books are trees made immortal.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
All ALC English students will need to reach their AR reading goals for the Fall Semester. Accelerated Reader points make up 15% of the total ALC English grade. The final reading goals for the Fall 2014 semester are due in December.
To take a book quiz, please follow the directions below:
- Check with your English teacher first about the book you completed. You will need to show a copy of the book and take the quiz in class. (In order to prevent cheating, quizzes taken outside of class may be deleted.)
- Once you get the “go ahead” from your teacher, go to the ALC AR Website.
- Click “I’m a Student.”
- Type in your user name and password (if you forget your user name, click “Forgot your user name?”).
- To take a reading book quiz, under Accelerated Reader, click “Start Working.”
- Search for your book title.
- Click “Take Quiz.”
- It will ask you, “How did you read the book?” Select “I read by myself.”
- Then take the quiz (usually 10-20 questions).
- If you pass the quiz, your teacher will update your points in your grade. If you fail the quiz, contact your teacher to possibly retake the assessment.
Special Note: If you are reading a book that does not have an Accelerated Reader quiz, contact your teacher. You can still earn points towards your grade if you successfully conduct a “Book Talk” with your teacher.