Students: there are many resources and opportunities available for jobs, scholarships and internships. Check out the following:
- Complete your FAFSA to qualify for Federal Grants and Loans. Due March 2, 2014.
- For undocumented students, complete the California Dream Act, instead of the FAFSA, to qualify for CalGrants. Also due March 2, 2014.
- Dream Act Scholarships: Another resource for undocumented students.
- California Community College Applications: Apply for community college classes in the fall.
- Asian Pacific Fund Scholarships: Ranging from $1,000-$20,000 available. For seniors attending college next ear. Minimum of 3.0 GPA. Application deadline: February 20, 2014.
- Annual Community Job Fair: March 29, 2014 (10am-1pm) at Dodger Stadium.
- Kaiser Healthcare Summer Internships: For Juniors and Seniors.
- IBEW Electrical Apprenticeship Info Feb 2014: For students 18 years and older. Due February 26, 2014.
- Young Fathers Job Preparation Program 2.5.14: Job training/placement, parenting support and counseling. For students between the ages of 15 and 25.
- City Year Job Opportunity: For students between the ages of 17-24. Must be a senior or a graduate.
- Upcoming LA Youth at Work – February 2014: Click the link for more details.
- Roni_Parker_Memorial_Scholarship__Official: Scholarship available for 4-year, community college or trade school students. Students need a 2.5 GPA or higher. Click the link for more information.
- Mahatma Rice Scholarship: For graduating seniors. Essay contest. Due March 1, 2014!
- LA Federal Credit Union Scholarship: For students accepted to college for next year. Due April 30, 2014!
- NASA/Jet Propulsion Laboratory Summer Internship: For students 16 years or older. Due March 10, 2014! For more info, click here: JPL SpaceSHIP 2014 Application – LAUSD.
- Health Internship with LA Children’s Hospital: Must be a student, 18 years or older. Due March 14, 2014!
- LA Commons Art Project: Click for more information: MP2014 Student App-1 and MP2014 Student Info.
More to come. If you know of any other opportunities or resources, please contact Mr. Nittle and he’ll add them to the list!