- What is the key to student success?
- How can we design a school culture for student motivation?
- According to researchers, what is the best way for students to learn?
- What are the benefits of students learning on their own?
- What should be the role of the teacher in the classroom?
- What Keeps Students Motivated To Learn? (Katrina Schwartz, KQED News)
- Because I’m Happy (Victoria Jones, Harvard)
- Work Your Mind (Annie Murphy Paul and Stephanie Kraus, Time For Kids)
- Video games vets to students (Marco Santana, Orlando Sentinel)
- New Experiments in Self-Teaching (Sugata Mitra, TED Talk on YouTube) Transcript in English or Spanish
- California Teenagers Could Sleep Later Under School Start Bill (Matt Stevens, NYTimes)
- The Early Bird Gets the Bad Grade (Nancy Kalish, NYTimes)
- L.A. Unified retreats on higher graduation standards (Howard Blume, LA Times)
- LAUSD summer school enrollment jumps 20 percent as graduate requirements get tougher (Annie Gilbertson, SCPR)
- Student Success RAFT (.pdf)
- Persuasion Map (readwritethink)
- Student Success Tree Map (.pdf)
- Student Motivation Articles (.pdf)
- Student Success LT Rubric (.pdf)